Many people use a Tourist Information Centre (TIC) only when they are on holiday, but have you thought of using the TIC for day to day information needs?
Information from the TIC is almost limitless and a lot of it is invaluable to local people - especially those involved in the tourism business in some way. Have a look below to get an idea of the scope.
You'll see that you don't need to be a tourist to use your friendly, local TIC!
A local accommodation booking service for Yeovil and South Somerset.
Our own brochures which contain comprehensive information on accommodation in South Somerset.
- A "one-stop-shop" for making accommodation bookings via the national TIC network, we may not do bookings for self catering properties, but we provide the information
- Brochures on all UK holiday destinations from John O'Groats to Blackpool to the Isle of Scilly plus contact details for TIC's anywhere in the country.
- Information on train and coach services anywhere in the UK
- We take bookings for Berry's and Taylor's Coaches
- Tickets for major local events e.g. Yeovilton Airday and the Royal Bath and West Show and information about events in other places
- Details of all London Theatre listings updated every two weeks
- Cheap admissions to local attractions and information about seasonal events - Late Night Shopping, Santa Specials and Lights at Christmas; Fireworks and Carnivals in the autumn
- Maps, books, cards, walking guides and quality souvenirs and full credit card facilities on all purchases
- Information about facilities in towns and villages, and about all local events - including village fetes and fairs
The TIC also provides information lists under a wide range of headings from Antique - through Carnivals - Conference Venues - Markets - Riding Stables to Things to do in Winter.